Y3/4 Teacher - Maternity Cover
- Required from 1 December 2022
- Full time and Fixed Term until 31 August 2023
Required from December 2022, the Academy Council is looking to appoint an experienced, talented, motivational and inspiring classroom teacher to cover a period of maternity leave.
The successful candidate will;
- support the Catholic ethos of our school
- be a good to outstanding practitioner, able to motivate children
- be innovative, creative, forward thinking and work collaboratively within our team
- have high expectations of children of all groups and abilities
- engage and motivate children to learn
- be cheerful and friendly and build positive relationships with children, staff and parents
- be committed to children’s welfare and safeguarding;
- have a fair, positive and calm approach to ensure pupils meet high expectations of excellent behaviour
At St Joseph’s we can offer:
- a strong Catholic ethos;
- a friendly, happy school that lives by its vision statement, ‘Live, love and learn with the Lord’
- happy children with exemplary standards of behaviour
- a welcoming and caring environment where everyone is valued
- supportive parents, Academy Council and parish community
- a strong commitment to continuous professional development
- the support and guidance of governors, Diocese of Leeds and the Bishop Wheeler Catholic Academy Trust.
This position is not suitable for ECTs.
Applications are invited from qualified teaching professionals who have the ability to share their enthusiasm, faith, skills and passion for making a difference to learning outcomes.
Practising Catholics are particularly welcome though the position is not exclusive. Candidates would be expected to be sympathetic to the Catholic ethos and actively support our Vision and Aims Statements and School Virtues.
St Joseph’s is a small, family-orientated voluntary aided Catholic Primary School. It is part of the Bishop Wheeler Catholic Academy Trust which consists of two high schools and 11 primary schools. The October 2017 Diocesan Section 48 inspection and January 2017 Ofsted inspection judged St Joseph’s as a good school.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Mrs Claire Norman, Administrator to arrange an appointment or for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 01937 832344.
A CES application form and related documentation, are available to download from the school website: www.st-josephs-tadcaster.n-yorks.sch.uk or The Bishop Wheeler Catholic Academy Trust www.bishopwheelercatholicacademytrust.org. Please email your completed application form to email@example.com addressed to the Headteacher by the closing date.
- Closing Date: Friday 23 September 2022, 12 noon
- Interview: It is anticipated that interviews will take place shortly afterwards.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory DSB enhanced disclosure certificate.