Policies and DATA PROTECTION
School policies cover every aspect of school life. Below are some of our most important policies for your reference. If you want to know our policy on something that is not listed, please ask the school office. Paper copies are available from the school office.
The Data Protection Act 1998 has now been superseded by the GDPR Act 2018, which significantly extends the scope of data protection law. It applies to all personnel data held not just those in electronic form.
The school needs to record:
- Name and details of your organisation (and where applicable, of other controllers, your representative and data protection officer).
- Purpose and lawful reason for the processing the data
- Description of the categories of individuals and categories of personal data.
- Categories of recipients of personal data.
- Details of transfers to third countries including documentation of the transfer mechanism safeguards in place.
- Retention schedules.
- Description of technical and organisational security measures.
The GDPR Act also lists individual’s rights on the data being held and that the school must do Data Impact assessments when using new technologies or that processing is likely to result in a high risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals e.g. large scale, systematic monitoring of public areas (CCTV).
The Data Protection Officer is responsible for overseeing data protection within the School so if you do have any questions in this regard, please do contact them on the information below: -
Company: Veritau Ltd
Address: Veritau Ltd, West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA
Telephone: 01609 532526
Accessibility and Equality
Charges and Remissions
Learning outside the Classroom
Looked After Children
Online Safety and Safeguarding
Publication and Information
Pupil Health and Well-being
Safeguarding and Child Protection
Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND
Staff and Governors
Teaching and Learning