St Joseph's prides itself on being a safe and friendly place for pupils, staff and visitors to come and learn. Therefore, we place a strong emphasis on site security and procedures.
- The bell rings at 8.50am. If you arrive after the bell has rung, this means you are late. Please help to ensure the children arrive at school on time so they do not miss valuable learning.
- If you are late, please go to front entrance, where you will be signed in, before going to class.
- Parents/Carers are asked to provide class teachers with a list of adults whom have permission to collect your child at home time. Staff members will not allow your child to leave with anyone else, so it is vital this list is kept up to date.
- Parents are welcome to join some of our assemblies. Assemblies start promptly; according to our published timetables (see school newsletters). Parents / carers wishing to attend must arrive at least 5 minutes before the start of the assembly, and will be admitted via the front entrance.
If you are visiting our school, whilst on our premises, you must observe the following:
- All staff and visitors must enter through the front entrance.
- All visitors, including volunteers, must report to the school office before entering the school to sign in and be given a visitors badge. All visitors must sign out at the end of their visit.
- All visitors to the school are required to produce PHOTO ID at the reception desk, and to wear a Visitor's Badge.
- Please do not enter the school unless escorted by a member of staff or by prior arrangement.
- Please do not open doors leading onto secure school premises.
- If your visit involves working independently with the children you will be asked to produce a current enhanced DBS certificate along with your Photo ID.
- Your safety and well-being during your visit are important to us. As a visitor you have a legal duty to care for the Health and Safety of yourself and others.
- If the Fire Alarm should sound please leave the building by the nearest exit and proceed to the assembly point. DO NOT RE-ENTER THE BUILDING until you are told it is safe to do so.
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School operates a NO SMOKING POLICY which we ask you to respect.
- Staff have the right, and are encouraged, to question anyone on the school premises who they do not recognise.
Visitors can expect to be treated with respect by our staff; in turn we ask that you be polite and respectful whilst on our premises.
Anyone behaving in an aggressive or disrespectful manner will be asked to leave immediately. Persistent offenders will be banned from the premises.